Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Upcoming Weekend Storm Chase April 12-15th

It has been about year now since I've posted on this blog but I though I would get things going again with the upcoming weekend chase. After two very marginal chases so far in 2012, looks like the end of this week will bring better severe weather chances to the plains. There have been many differences in the models for all the days so I'm basing my trip mostly on pattern recognition. Thursday will have issues with moisture/instability but it seems like western KS southward to northern TX panhandle will be in play for late evening supercells. Stronger deep layer shear will overspread the plains with the advancing longwave trough slowly moving east through the weekend with daily dryline setups possible Fri-Sun. Will update from the road with forecasts and targets. Will be leaving from Houston very early Thursday morning.

No comments: