Monday, May 5, 2008

Severe T-storms Return to the Plains

Thunderstorm chances increase early this week as a storm system approaches form the west. The high plains of western Kansas southward through west Texas will be the focus for the highest risk of severe storms on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th as a dryline sharpens up during the afternoon hours. The upper storm system kicks east on Tuesday night into Wednesday and t-storm chances spread east with it. I can't chase today due to finals but Tuesday and/or Wednesday look like the bigger days right now. On Tuesday, I would not be able to leave until 3pm or so due to finals but I may head west toward the TX panhandle if it looks like its worth taking the risk. Wednesday will mark my last day of finals and a chase to go along with it although I'm not too impressed with the setup right now.

No comments: